Friday, February 19, 2010

Kara's 29th Birthday























I had a great birthday and Valentines. Friday (my birthday) we went to Cocoks with Bill and Lisa Cox (are wonderful friends). Cocoks is a nail salon. The boys joined Lisa and me. For great laughs the boys got their toes done as well. We had a really fun time and enjoyed our excellent pedicures. We went to dinner at CocoIchibanya afterward (because the Cox's hadn't been there before). It was delicious as always. We all ordered pretty much the same thing. Chicken cutlet curry. Jay level 4 spicy, Bill level 2 and Lisa and I got level 1 (we like to be able to have taste buds after we eat. We got the all-famous naan bread and mango lassi (mango milk). We then headed back to the house to open presents and have cake and ice cream. I got to open one present right before we went to Cocoks, my new camera. It's a really nice Nikon D5000 camera and opening it was bittersweet. It was like, "Whoa! This is way too expensive" and "Wow! What a sweet camera." I definitely need to study the manual that came with it to figure out how to take great pictures. The next gift was a really cute birthday kokeshi doll. It is so beautiful and fits in perfectly with my Japanese/Okinawan souvenir collection. Then I opened my Cricut Expressions. I'm excited to use it. It is a cutting machine that does pictures and letters. I'm especially excited to cutout vinyl lettering. I forgot to mention that Jay gave me a gorgeous orchid plant earlier in the day. It is so beautiful. I don't have much of a green thumb and I know that they are sensitive so I'm hoping I can keep it alive. Hopefully my online research helps. This birthday I was way too spoiled. We may need to make next year's a little less extravagant or the next many years to come. Next everyone sang to me and my cake looked like it was on fire. Lisa made a delicious red velvet cake. You can tell Tatum enjoyed it. We then played Settlers of Catan. We love games and this is probably our favorite. We love playing it with Bill and Lisa. It's a great time. Thanks to my sweet honey for the fun birthday and my kiddos for celebrating with me. Thanks to the Cox family for sharing this special day. (The Cox's have 4 kids. Their 2 boys somehow eluded any pictures that were taken.)



3 comments:

Foote said...

That is totally awesome. Those pictures are great. HAPPY BELATED birthday. YOU RULE.

Brynn said...

Cute pics! Sorry I haven't commented earlier :) I like getting a little glimpse into your home. Glad you had a good birthday, have fun with your cricut!!!

Tammy said...

Happy birthday! HAHA! while looking at the pictures i was like "are those Kara's toes? those are some hairy toes!" LOL :) that's fun to that you got to have a pedicure with Jay and friends. i had one on my birthday too, but Eric didn't come :) I love you're Air Force Christmas presant TOO cute! also saw the front of your house you're so creative and do the cutest things! You'll find endless uses for your cricut! i love mine! ~HUGS!