Saturday, September 6, 2008

Big Spiders



Spiders have never really bothered me that much, until we got here.  So far we have had 3 encounters with these huge spiders and it is always quite the experience.  I am starting to believe that the bugs and animals around here are on steroids.  We'll have to get you pics of the snails and bats.  The first encounter with these huge spiders was crazy.  Jay took a swipe at it to push it out the door and the thing literally reared up for the attack and jumped toward him.  We all screamed like a bunch of little girls.  The one from the video happened to be hiding under Tayson's bed.  Tayson came to me and said, "Mom there's a big spider under my bed."  Of course I was thinking it was just some little spider so I go to get it and once I looked under the bed I definitely decided we would just close his door and wait for Dad to get home.  I hope this doesn't change anyone's mind about coming to visit (hint, hint Sarah and Mom Barney).  

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I would NOT survive with those huge things! YUCK!!!! I'm glad they are only over there! :)

Jerry and Maaret said...

oh gosh! the spiders in England were like that! big enough for a leash.... my only defense was the vacuum cleaner (which jerry empties for me!) good luck!