Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wow! 8 years of pure bliss!




















Okay, so maybe not pure bliss all the time, but it has been a wonderful 8 years.  We've had our ups and downs and I'm so glad to be able to have such a great man in my life.  Of those who know Jay, you know how crazy and completely full of fun he is.  He makes our lives an adventure.  I can be too serious sometimes about life and he knows exactly how to lighten things up and make everything okay.  
We met Jan 3rd of '98 and it was seriously love at first meeting.  I would say at first sight, but we'd seen each other around school but had never met.  We knew we were meant for each other when we found our most favorite movie was the same movie (Willow) Just Kidding, that wasn't the deciding vote, but it sure didn't hurt.  That night Jay went home to tell his mom about me and said, "I'm gonna marry that girl" (too bad he couldn't remember my name and had to look it up in his year book).  We were only 16 years old and were connected at the hip.  I couldn't imagine life without Jay.  He was so fun to be with and was always opening my door, bringing me flowers, taking me places.  He taught me how to snowboard and golf.  He was not only my boyfriend, but my best friend.  We even shared a locker, which made one of our breakups kind of difficult.  Yeah, we broke up a few times then got back together, but I guess that helped us truly know that we wanted to be with each other forever.  September 16th, 2000 we were married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple and started a great life.  Here we are 8 years and 2 kids later, lovin' life and doing our best to keep the flames burnin'.  Love you, Jay.  

5 comments:

rylissite said...

Happy Anniversary Kara! What a fun story, oh, and BTW LOVE the hair Jay was sporting! I almost didn't recognize him! I hope you have a great day!

Brynn said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding day and everything else in between. Hope you have a great day! Love you guys!

Jerry and Maaret said...

I love anniversaries :) Congrats!!

Clayton Val Bowen said...

Thats awesome you put up your engagement pic! I love it!! You two are the greatest couple. I love you both to death.

MaryAnn said...

Ha ha ha!!! The hair!!!

Oh, and happy anniversary. :)