Monday, June 1, 2009

Scuba Diving at Bolo Point





On May 15th, Jay and I got to go scuba diving for the first time together.  We had a wonderful time.  The entry/exit area was pretty rough.  We had to put on our gear which ways probably around 50 pounds and walk across evil rocks that were jutting out of the ground.  I fell once and my leg got cutup a little bit.  Thankfully it didn't do anything to my wetsuit.  Once we got to the water though, it was gorgeous.  The day was perfect and the water was very clear.  I don't think we could've asked for a better day.  Once we were in the water it reminded me of the drop-off on Finding Nemo.  A lot of coral and small fish and then it dropped to around 80 feet.  The fish were really big and we saw some crazy looking sea-stars and a lionfish.  We tried to get some good underwater pictures but they didn't turn out very well and they didn't do any of the fish justice.    We've got to get better at the picture taking.  They do have a class on how to do that, so maybe we need to check it out.

2 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

oooohhhh! I LOVE scuba diving! How fun!

Brynn said...

scuba diving scares the crap out of me! actually any big masses of water do. you guys look awesome and are much braver then me! i'm glad you are finding fun new things to do to make us all jealous!