Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Little Cook

Monday I had some enchiladas cooking in the oven and was upstairs on the computer with Jay.  Tayson was downstairs playing with toys.  We heard the timer go off on the oven and were just finishing up what we were looking at when Tayson yells upstairs, "Mom, I got the enchiladas out of the oven."  Of course Jay and I quickly ran downstairs and there is Tayson with oven mitts on putting the pan on the table.  It was really cute (and scary) and I was quite impressed that he didn't hurt himself and was able to actually reach the pan in the oven.  He was pretty proud of himself, but we had to let him know that next time it would be nice if one of us could be there too just to be safe.


3 comments:

Brynn said...

Impressive! I can't believe he is big enough to take things out of the oven, too even realize they need to be taken out of the oven. CRAZY!!!

MVP Family said...

Just love helpers around the house. You will love him even more, even though it seems impossible, when the baby comes. He will be a great big brother and the best help!

Jerry and Maaret said...

whoa! thar IS scary.... but what a great helper! Maggie loves to put things on the table for me at dinner time, too. we miss you guys!!