Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our Little Missionary

Today, Tayson and I were going to visit some friends who just got back from visiting their dad in the States.   Tayson had another friend, Lance,  show up at our door and ask if he could play.  Tayson said he couldn't play because he was on his way to visit his friend CJ from church.  Lance asked, "What's Church?".  Tayson said, "It's where we go to learn about Jesus and Jesus is a really great guy.  You should go to church."  
I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear to hear that.  It's one of those moments that you think maybe I'm doing something right as a parent.  I think Tayson taught me a great lesson in showing that we shouldn't be afraid to tell people about Christ, especially our friends.    

1 comment:

Brynn said...

from the mouths of babes! What we can learn from our children huh? There was one Sunday I just didn't want to go to church but Noah was so insistent on going to church to play with friends.