Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween



















We had a great Halloween.  I dressed up as a witch because I couldn't pass up that sweet broom that only cost 200 yen (about $2).  Jay made a perfect "Ugly Step Sister".  I thoroughly enjoy doing his makeup any chance I get.  We couldn't find a wig because Halloween isn't celebrated in Japan, so we were kind of limited since we procrastinated.  The mop head worked quite well though.   Tatum made a cute little kitten.  She was so afraid of Jay.  She cried so hard that there was no sound coming out just the breaths in between.  So in this picture she still trying to warm up to the idea.  Tayson wanted to be Indiana Jones and we got creative.  He had an old cowboy had that was red and we spray painted it brown.  Then we got some rope off-base and for some reason we couldn't find brown, so we spray painted it too.  He had some old church clothes we were going to take to the thrift store and just decided to spray paint some dirt on those too.I think I was looking for any opportunity to spray paint something.  The last touch was his bag (he said he needed one) from the 100 yen store (dollar store).  I think we did pretty good.  We had such a great time at our branch trunk-r-treat and Jay and I decorated the back of our van.  We made it spooky and played scary sounds.  I really like to make things scary.  I think I enjoy seeing kids get scared or something.  That's kind of sick, I know.  On Halloween, Jay stayed home with Tatum and our friend Chris, while Tayson, Allison (Chris's wife) and I went Trick-or-treating.  It was a lot of fun and Tayson enjoyed seeing all the scary people dressed-up.  A lot different from last year.  Tayson has been so great to share all his chocolate and other candies with us.   




7 comments:

Brynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time, Jay makes quite the ugly stepsister, love it! I love Tayson's Indy too!

Tiffany said...

The kids look so cute! Glad you could celebrate over there.

Sharamie said...

You guys look great! Karson was also Indiana Jones. We did a do it yourself costume for him as well. The only thing we paid for was the whip. You'll have to check out our blog.

Jerry and Maaret said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Jay looks awesome! Love the outfits :)

k- said...

VERY creative! I like that you had to make up the costumes.. Store bought is so overdone! & you guys look adorable! How come Jay didn't dress up?;)

Daymon and Shannon Swensen said...

You guys look sooooo cute. I think I would have cried too, if I would have seen Jay in person.
p.s. does he have boobs?

Jo said...

Jay you never cease to amaze me. I think you cut class everytime they said "No cross dressing" The mop was a genius idea. Your family pictures are incredible. Sarah show them to us last weekend.Jay you have a gorgous wife who in turn makes beautiful children. Keep up the good work. Love and miss you
JoJo