Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

A friend of mine decided to put on her blog what she is thankful for and it made me think of what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful to have a husband that works really hard and loves to be funny

I'm thankful for a son who loves to cuddle, is really witty and treats his sister like an angel

I'm thankful for a daughter who loves to smile and brightens my day

I'm thankful to have such a big family that includes so many personalities and talents.  I love them all.  They bring great joy in my life and the more the merrier.  Currently 4 sisters, 3 brothers, 10 sisters-in-law, 8 brothers-in-law, 18 nieces, 18 nephews, 3 great nephews and 2 great nieces. 

I'm thankful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and to know that: Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, that Jesus Christ died for our sins and we can repent and return to live with him again, that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ,  Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and restored the gospel and that there is life after death

I'm thankful for wonderful friends who are great examples to me and love to have fun

I'm thankful for this beautiful world and having the opportunity to see new places

I'm thankful for parents and in-laws that have strived to live the gospel and have been great examples to us of the blessings that living righteously can bring

I'm thankful for the talents I've been given and to be able to share them

I'm thankful to be an American citizen and the freedoms we enjoy

I have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my life


3 comments:

Brynn said...

Kara,

I am thankful for you too! I am thankful for our friendship we have had all of these years! We sure miss you.

Loves, Brynn

Jerry and Maaret said...

What a great post! I love to hear what others are thankful for- It's usually what I'm thankful for, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Daymon and Shannon Swensen said...

I am thankful I have such wonderful in-laws! We are going to really miss you this weekend. I hope you have a good Thanksgiving and I will take some pictures of your family for you to see. Love you guys!